Members:

    
Home | About Us | Apparatus | History | Fire Prevention | Photos | News | Memorials | Safety | Contact Us 

This site and many others will look MUCH better in a browser that supports web standards. Your browser does not.
It is suggested that you upgrade (if you are confused, we recommend Microsoft IE 6.0


Mission Statement

Provide efficient and timely emergency response for the purpose of preservation of life, property and environment from fire and other hazardous situations.

Provide public education and awareness about fire safety and related hazards.

Actively participate in the community to provide for the safety and well being of the people who live, work and visit in Haddonfield.

Provide emergency and non-emergency support services to the community and other public safety agencies.

Provide the members of the Haddon Fire Company No.1 with the highest quality of training and education.

Provide a safe and healthy environment to benefit the mental and physical well being of the members of the Haddon Fire Company No.1.


  • Install and Maintain Smoke Detectors
    Smoke detectors warn you of fire in time to let you escape. Install them on each level of your home and outside of each sleeping area. Follow the manufacturer's directions, and test once a week. Replace batteries twice a year, or when the detector chirps to signal that the battery is dead. Don't ever take the battery out for other uses!

  • Plan and Practice Your escape
    If fire breaks out in your home, you must get out fast. With your family, plan two ways out of every room. Fire escape routes must not include elevators, which might take you right to the fire! Choose a meeting place outside where everyone should gather. Once you are out, stay out! Have the whole family practice the escape plan at least twice a year.

  • Space Heaters Need space
    Keep portable space heaters at least 3 feet (1 meter) from paper, curtains, furniture, clothing, bedding, or anything else that can burn. Never leave heaters on when you leave home or go to bed, and keep children and pets well away from them.

  • Be Careful Cooking
    Keep cooking areas clear of combustibles, and don't leave cooking unattended. Keep your pot's handles turned inward so children won't knock or pull them over the edge of the stove. If grease catches fire, carefully slide a lid over the pan to smother the flames, then turn off the burner.

  • A Match is a Tool for Adults
    In the hands of a child, matches or lighters are extremely dangerous. Store them up high where kids can't reach them, preferably in a locked cabinet. And teach your children from the start that matches and lighters and lighters are tools for adults, not toys for kids. If children find matches, they should tell an adult immediately.

  • Use Electricity Safely
    If an appliance smokes or begins to smell unusual, unplug it immediately and have it repaired. Check all your electrical cords, and replace any that are cracked or frayed. If you use extension cords, replace any that are cracked or frayed; and don't overload them or run them under rugs. Remember that fuses and circuit breakers protect you from fire: don't tamper with the fuse box or use fuses of an improper size.

  • Cool a Burn
    If someone gets burned, immediately place the wound in cool water for 10 to 15 minutes to ease the pain. Do not use butter on a burn, as this could prolong the heat and further damage the skin. If burn blisters or chars, see a doctor immediately.

  • STOP, DROP, AND ROLL
    Everyone should know this rule: if your clothes catch fire, don't run! Stop where you are, drop to the ground, and roll over and over to smother the flames. Cover your face with your hands to protect your face and lungs.

  • Crawl Low Under Smoke
    If you encounter smoke using your primary exit, use your alternate route instead. If you must exit through smoke, clean air will be several inches off the floor. Get down on your hands and knees, and crawl to the nearest safe exit.

  • Take care with candles!
    Decorative and aromatherapy candles have become very popular in recent times. Unfortunately, lit candles are often left unattended. If they tip over or flicker too closely to combustible materials, fire can break out. (A family pet can start a fire by knocking over a lit candle.) If you use decorative or aromatherapy candles, place them away from combustibles, pets, and children, and make sure they are secure in their holders.

     

*Tips from FDNY web site

Upcoming Events

cpr image
Haddon Fire Company is now offering CPR certification to the public. Click here to register for CPR classes.

Click here to make a contribution to support Haddon Fire Company No. 1


Numbers to Know

Emergency Fire/Police/Ambulance:
911
Police Department
(Non-Emergency):
(856) 429.3000
Fire Department
(Non-Emergency):
(856) 429.4308
Fax (856) 428-9165
Borough Hall:
(856) 429.4700
Emergency Public Works:
(856) 429.3000





Home | About Us | Apparatus | Photo History | Fire Prevention | News | Links | Museum | Memorials | Safety | Contact Us
© 2016 Haddon Fire Co. #1   All Rights Reserved